Tuesday, 23 April 2019

Converting Your Motorhome Lighting to SMD LEDs

If you do a lot of rallying or wild camping without electric hook-ups it is a essential you think about converting your halogen lighting to SMD (surface mounted device) LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes).

1 Where there is a push in bulb with two metal 'legs' these are called a G4 fitting

G4 fittings picture 1

G4 fittings picture 2

2 Where the bulb is included in a sealed reflector casing these are normally MR11, 35mm diameter or MR16, 50mm diameter fitting

MR11, 35mm diameter or MR16, 50mm diameter fitting

Main Colour Choices

  • Cool White 
  • Warm White 

Here's how I fitted mine

G4 fitting

G4 fitting picture 1

G4 fitting picture 2

G4 fitting picture 3

G4 fitting picture 4

G4 fitting picture 5

G4 fitting picture 6

MR16 fitting

MR16 fitting picture 1

MR16 fitting picture 2

MR16 fitting picture 3

MR16 fitting picture 4

MR16 fitting picture 5

I bought mine off eBay they are available from many sellers, The ones from China and Hong Kong are very cheap but they take a while to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Motorhome Travels 2020

The map above will show all of the stops I’ve stayed in with my motorhome during 2020. Just zoom in and click on any of the motorhome i...